Monday 13 August 2012

DIY Dip Dye Accessories

Omgosh!!! :)

I made like the most amazing thing in the world!!!
Those who follow me on Instagram or Twitter, or even Facebook would know that i've been making these!
And I've worn a few pieces out these past two days, some of my students have been asking me where did i buy my accessories from :) feels good to know that stuff you have made are good enough to be sold!

okay. i didn't make it. i DIY-ed.

Below are some accessories that my students said were nice!
Wore this when i went to teach yesterday.
Original piece was entirely black! so i totally revamped this! :)


And this one today! :)
Asked my student if she can tell if i DIY-ed it, and she said no! :)  
im so happyyyy!


Wore this too! :) with the above necklace!
stacked two of my DIY bracelets together!
super pretty, i think! im biased, since i loveeee colours + they are pastel colours, so DOUBLE LOVE!!! :) :)

Things you need to make these accessories:
  1. Sponge - any kind of sponge. it's just to give the dip dye kinda effect.
  2. Some nail polish - main colour preferable to have: WHITE.
    i didn't have white nail polish. So i just made do with all the colours that i had at home! like all the pastel colours. MY LOVE. which is why most of my items are in pastel colours (Thank you Von, for the nail polish that you had given me for my birthday! Great help! <3)
  3. Nail polish remover - veryyyy important! because i did plenty and made some mistakes + no nail polish remover, so some were kinda screwed. BUT I FOUND WAYS TO SAVE THEM! :D :D
  4. Accessories you don't want/ will never wear/ wanna revamp!
    It would be advisable to use accessories with flat surface - those with crystals are fine, if you like those that you see in the video below. But bracelets are super hard to make.
and this is how i got it!!! :)
i learnt how to make it from this YouTuber! so don't say that i had copied her or something. and no, she didn't pay me to do this either! hahaha.

watch this video and follow her too! she is amazing.


Exactly, this is where I got my inspiration from! :) soooooooo pretty please!
I'm so sorry, I don't have before and after pictures of my accessories, because my before product was too ugly!!! most of them were rusting and stuff. *bleh* but this is the after product!


Some of the pieces I DIY! :)
I just realised, all these accessories were bought in my secondary school days! so long ago please! woah. at least about 4 years ago already man! no wonder they were rusting!

Well, but not all turned out pretty...
This was one of the pieces i had ruined :(
***how i ruined it: too thick nail polish!

i had no nail polish remover, and my bottom layers that were too thick couldn't dry!!! so i had to scrape everything away! what a waste of nail polish! :(


ohh wells! :) i've learnt from my lesson.
so beginners, start easy with flat surfaced accessories. so much easier please! :)
REVAMP YOUR ACCESSORIES GORGEOUS!

hope you've learnt something today!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment