Sunday 28 October 2012

Baking macarons

Macarons are soooo beautiful.
But I swear they are an angel in disguise.
Don't be fooled by those YouTube videos, telling you how easy to make those macarons are.
THEY ARE NOT.

I failed twice. TWICE.
Was soooo angry, upset. Crying deep down.
The question was: why did I fail?
My ingredients are correct.
I've done everything according to the instructions.
Everything was right.
So... WHY???? :( :( :(

I had a nightmare last night.
One that was soooo real.
Okay. It wasn't exactly a nightmare. It's more of a dream.
I finally made macarons. IN MY DREAM.
I found out why it was soooo hard to make macarons.
1. Macarons are normally made in angmoh countries. Which are cold. And less humid. Unlike singapore.
2. I didn't beat the eggs long enough. I needed to beat the eggs till they are like meringue.

And to make the macarons, these 2 main steps must be correct.

Images of my macarons are found below.
It ain't totally perfect yet, since this is my first successful batch.

Just bake accordingly. And remember, place it in an air con room before baking. And you'll succeed. :)

Much loved. xx



No comments:

Post a Comment